The Chapel at The Bluffs
Built and Dedicated, 2006.
The Chapel at The Bluffs is a nondenominational chapel for the use and enjoyment of all Bluffs members and residents. It is also the perfect setting for small intimate wedding ceremonies. Located next to The Bluffs Cottage overlooking a lake and the 9th hole of The Bluffs’ golf course.
The church is surrounded by a custom built white picket fence with cross detail. The chapel also has an outdoor bell tower.
The hanging light fixtures were found at Circa 1857 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and originated from an old European chapel. The stained glass windows, which reflect the design of the picket fence, were handmade by Rodney Tassistro of RTE Millworks, who also provided the craftsmanship for the chapel’s main doors.
The 10 inch wide heart-of-pine floors and beams were provided by Corbel’s. The new chairs and 12 pews were crafted by Terry Landry, and the black walnut paneled walls originated from a preacher’s barn.
The Chapel at The Bluffs was dedicated in a candlelight ceremony officiated by The Reverend Charlie Landry of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church of St. Francisville the evening of October 23, 2006.